2.13.2007

Cough. Hack. Sniff.


So, I know it's never happened before, ok maybe just once, but I'm sick. And just like every other time I get a slight hint of a runny nose, I cough. all. night. long. Mike loves it. I mean, who doesn't want to sleep beside someone who hacks and clears their throat for 2 hours at a time starting at 4am? Seriously, I've tried cough syrup, the make-you-sleep pills...nothing is working and it's been weeks. Other than the 5 days in Alberta I've coughed constantly since mid-January. Maybe I'm allergic to BC?

The highlight of this morning while I'm trying to recover from the drowsy side-effects of the cough syrup while still coughing, was the plumber coming to fix our dishwasher. I look so beautiful all red-nosed, hair everywhere, wearing Mike's old sweatshirt and talking with my husky voice. You should have seen the look on his face when I opened the door. I think the big guy may have been afraid to come in the house.

All this to say...anyone got any this-never-fails-me cough remedies? I think I'm down to my last one...a tablespoon of sugar soaked in whiskey (yes, my parents gave that to me as a kid...hmmm...) but if possible I kinda want something different! Please help...cough...cough...

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I remember when my best friend and I had this awful cold. My mom made us drink this...uh...drink. It was neo citron, crushed up garlic, and lemon juice. It was so nasty. My friend drank hers then cried to go home. Scary thing was, we were 100% cured the next day.

Kelly said...

go for the whiskey! haha, great remedy! hmmm...i'm a bit of a health nut, so i usually go for oil of oregano and mega doses of vitamin c. only if i'm desperate will i reach for extra strength nyquil and just knock myself out with that. hope you feel better soon! (and i might just try the neo citron/garlic/lemon concoction...sounds like it's right up my alley!)