2.08.2007

A weekend away


We drove to Calgary (back to my beloved Alberta), got dressed up, and now my little brother is a married man. You know those weddings where it just seems like 2 people couldn't possibly be happier? His wedding was one of those...and I think that they both might still be perma-grinning! I'm so happy for them and it just seemed like God smiled on their day.

So some highlights of the trip...

  • Aidan in his 5 yr. old cuteness..."Hey, where's my loonies?" , the ones he was supposed to be standing on during the ceremony, and my brother stopping and pulling 2 loonies out of his wallet for him...so sweet
  • Becca dumping half the gummies out of her flower girl basket and then refusing to come off the stage after the bride and groom because she felt so sad
  • Becca then getting replacement gummies and giving them away all day long, at one point, with 12 kids following her around the church!
  • seeing good friends and having great long talks
  • going to church somewhere and not having to do anything!
  • frying our DVD player at the beginning of the trip home (it was a looooong trip home)...there's still some issue as to whose fault it was that the coffee was spilled, but I say Mike, after all who leaves their coffee on the centre console with children around??
  • seeing youth kids that are now adults and eating cheesecake..miss them all...

Good times!

PS She cheers for the Flames, but I think we'll let her in the family anyways.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness gracious, is there any way your kids could be cuter. I'm thinkin' it's impossible! I'm soooo glad everything went well and they really do look so happy! Welcome back to BC!!! Wanna come for coffee/tea next week?

Unknown said...

My fault, eh? Let's just remind everyone that it wasn't the children, or me that touched the cup last. It was YOUR elbow!

I just thought I should clarify that.

erin said...

Dear sweet c-dawg I would love to!! And as for the coffee debate...honestly, who puts HOT COFFEE right above a DVD player in a vehicle where there are preschoolers? I mean...it's common sense!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I'm concerned as to why Mike was near a hot drink even to begin with... you know what they said when they gave you his day pass Erin... ;)

Unknown said...

Yeah...they said, "It will all be ok as long as you don't SPILL his drink".