written by erin at 5:48 PM
I finally finished Simply Christian by N.T. Wright this week. It was one of those books that I think is well written, I resonated with a lot of what was said, but I ended up reading many other books at the same time because it didn't capture my full attention. It's good, but not on par or beyond Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis as is quoted on the sleeve. That being said, here's a few of my favourite quotes:
- "...where you're going is to make God's new creation happen in his world, not simply to find your own way unscathed through the old creation."
- "Living as a Christian means living in the world as it's been reshaped by and around Jesus and his Spirit."
- "The whole point of Jesus's work was to bring God's future into the present and make it stick there. But when heaven comes to earth and finds earth unready, when God 's future arrives in the present while people are still asleep, there will be explosions."
- "...God's passion for justice must become ours, too."
- "The Bible is there to enable God's people to be equipped to do God's work in God's world, not to give them an excuse to sit back smugly, knowing they possess all God's truth."
written by erin at 2:46 PM
Here are 30 of my random thoughts since I became 30...
- why toe hair? do my toes really need the warmth?
- i really hope my oilers don't suck this year
- i wish i didn't say stupid things as much as i do
- why do i still get zits like i'm 13?
- i don't wanna be an adult
- i will cry when aidan gives up his dino
- i wonder if i will ever look the way i want to
- i like being different
- if i put my feet up on the pew in church to be comfortable, do the older people think i'm being disrespectful...and do i care enough to not do it?
- how do people in bc survive without sunlight?
- one day i want to walk where jesus did
- sometimes i wonder what life would be like without kids
- God is so amazing and yet so confusing
- am i now officially too old to wear certain clothes?
- i love food. a lot.
- aidan walked into a big sunflower today and it was really funny
- i should stop letting mike win our wrestling matches
- why don't men need to wear makeup?
- how do i love the way jesus loves me?
- if miracles happened today like in the Bible would we even believe them?
- i should probably fold my laundry
- i pray becca never has self-image and body issues like i do
- does kid toothpaste actually work? 'cause it smells nasty
- i got becca an oshkosh shirt for $2 people, $2!!!
- i now believe contentedness is a choice
- will i get my school done ever?
- fishnets and speedos should not exist
- this is a much better year than the last 2
- why are people cruel?
- i have "stuck on a feeling" stuck in my head
written by erin at 4:08 PM