1.25.2007

5 Things...

So apparently I've been tagged by Mike to do this, so here's 5 things you might not know about me...

1. I once dislocated my thumb by sitting on it, and that sounds really bad, but if you hear the whole story it's not as awful sounding!
2. I must have one piece of furniture in my house that completely clashes. So far, this hasn't been a problem as most of our furniture is all hand-me-down or on its 9th owner, but my Grandpa's old orange chair is SO ugly and I love it!
3. I love game shows. I mean, I wanted to get the Game Show Network so I could watch old game shows because I think they're funny. I hope one day to be on the Price is Right or Wheel of Fortune (I think my chances are best on those 2 and you don't have to be crazy like on Deal or no Deal).
4. I lose myself in books. the kind where I don't hear anything, don't realize that anyone is near me, and hours go by in a flash...you know...like guys in front of hockey on TV.
5. I sang in choirs, musicals, and church worship teams when I was growing up. I won solos and supporting roles even and one day I think I might sing with Mike potentially in a family band. Ok, just kidding about the family band part but the rest is true!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's neat to hear those things I don't yet know about you. I'm gonna need some further explaination of the thumb thing though.

Kelly said...

well, you know i'm not surprised by the thumb dislocation. :) glad to see you back again!

Tarasview said...

Personally, I'd love to see you in a family band :) I just found your blog today - you're kids are so cute.
Tara Robertson

erin said...

Thanks Tara...it's nice to hear from you after a long while! How's things with you guys?

Jon Coutts said...

wow i've learned so much! here i though i knew you! what kind of books do you read?

erin said...

Right now I'm reading Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne and absolutely fascinated by it. Kinda wondering if it's going to change me...I'm working on Gutsy Faith with one of my youth girls and trying to get to the Deity formerly known as God, but then again...it's slow going with munchkins around!

Tarasview said...

hi Erin, things are going great with us - check out my blog for more details :) I love having a baby girl- so much fun!

Tarasview said...

Oh, and by the way I am so very impressed with all you are reading right now! I have about 6 books half finished and see no end in sight :) 3 kids seems to slow down my reading!