3.29.2007

humming along



We bought chairs, a coffee table, and a rug this last week (LOVE Ikea!) and for the first time in our marriage, we bought it ourselves!! That felt SO good and then made me dream of other hand-me down things that I would one day like to replace. It took almost 9 years to get to this point though, so I think I'll dream with a dose of reality. The kids liked the new stuff too 'cause they got to have the coolest cardboard spaceship fort ever...


It's great to have our kitchen put back together and have running water and space for us all to be in at once. Amazing how you can live without what we deem as necessary and how grateful I am once things return to 'normal'. Living with less is something I am enjoying lately and it also makes it easier to see God's provision.

As for spring break, I now understand those Staples adds when parents sing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" because their children are going back to school. I had fun with the kids, but wow is it good that school's back! I think this has more to do with very limited play space and constant dreary rain for 2 weeks than anything else, but still, this week has been WAY better!
To top off good things going on, the sun has been out (yes, in the lower mainland, I know how strange that sounds but it really is true!). What a difference in everyone's moods and energy! I think spring may really have come this time and I can't wait to wear summer clothes and do outside things and be warm all the time...maybe I should live in California...hmmm...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You owe me 5 dollars for the use of the word "normal" in your blog.

erin said...

i shall pay you in smores.

Anonymous said...

I've just made a decision... if you move to Cali I'm comin' too!
C-dawg out

erin said...

Sweet! Party on the beach :)