3.20.2007

anomaly of the world

We are the anomaly of the world. Murphy's Law, whatever you want to call it...we got it. Tends to be that if something can go wrong, we get to take it to the next level. To quote numerous people we've dealt with over the years, "I've never seen this happen before!" Yup, that would be us. We do find it funny as it definitely keeps life from being boring. Take our kitchen for example. When the appliances were moved in, the movers did $4000 damage to the hardwood floor because they didn't put anything down on the floor...apparently that's catchy because while the floor was getting fixed last week the island and dishwasher were just put on the good part of the floor with nothing under them either. Can you guess what happened? So, now we get the whole floor replaced! It's kinda funny...I mean, of course it wouldn't be only a 2 day job...2 weeks doing dishes in the bathtub (yes, I really did) is more like us! It has been an adventure.



Another typical thing we do is take turns being sick...and not just minorly sick, I'm talking needing surgery or lots of hospital stuff sick. Hey, if you're going to do something, ya gotta do it right! So, in keeping with the turns, it is my turn. We've been hoping that this will be the first year of our marriage without a surgery (in almost 9) and we should find out pretty quick if the pain I'm having is surgery-able or not...either way God is amazing and has got it under control. I'd just like to feel better and know what's going on. In the end all ya gotta do is laugh...maybe one day we'll both be bionic. That would be cool...

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I hear yah with the bath tub dishes thing and the pain. I am so with you on that level. Maybe with any luck your pain will just one day disappear like mine did. You are happy when it disappears but then they look at you like your a complete quack. "Honest I had pain! I really did. "

Kelly said...

what a ripper about your floor! but i love the colour of it :)

Unknown said...

Maybe if you stopped eating chilli...