3.03.2007

A bunch of thoughts

Lots has happened since the last time I posted and I tend to think in lists and randomness, so here are a bunch of my thoughts in the last week and a half...

  • RUSH youth conference in Kelowna was great and even though I saw puke in designer colours, it reminded me how amazing youth are, how much I love our life, and that I'm getting older and need more sleep
  • Shane Claiborne's book Irresistible Revolution has been in my thoughts often, and God has used it to captivate my heart, affirm to me that my passion is not dead, and teach me to love and see people differently. Getting to meet Shane proved to me that there are other people who truly live out what they believe and aren't satisfied with a watered-down Christian culture. God is taking me on an exciting journey and I don't know where it's going, but gosh I sure am loving the ride!
  • my Oilers...sigh...I am nearly at a loss for words over the whole Ryan Smyth debacle. So sad...trying not to dislike Kevin Lowe...trying to cheer again event though the heart of the team is gone and we keep losing...sigh...
  • my kids have been making me laugh lately and it seems almost unreal that they're 4 and 5. The baby days seem so long ago and I feel like a different person now (mostly skinnier and more rested!). Right now they are dressed up as an elephant and a princess and are playing house in tents. I have also learned this week to keep the sliding door closed when Aidan plays in the snow (he's got a great arm) and to never feed a 4 year old cup of noodles for lunch...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that cracker is still on the counter.

Love ya!

Kelly said...

so glad we can share in the sadness of ryan's departure :(

erin said...

it just sucks so bad and now my beloved oilers are stinking out the joint too!

skonn said...

But the Canucks are doing great - #6 is the League - nothing for me to complain about. More than 12 years have passed since '94 - it must be time to make another run for the cup!