6.07.2007

yup...it's love



I love Mike. This is a good thing considering that we're married. Lately I've been having lots more of those mushy, butterfly, stare-into-your-eyes type feelings though. Here's why...he went to Seattle on the weekend, and he e-mailed me (which was no easy task considering he had to sit on a table with the laptop in the air to send it) just to say he loved me. I came home late the next day, tired and with 2 very dirty kids in tow, knowing that I had a mountain of housework to do on top of giving the kids a bath. I came home to the smell of Swiffer, people...he had cleaned the floors!! If someone told me before we were married that the smell of Swiffer was that good I would have thought they were crazy. He bathed the kids too...seriously? What did I do to deserve this goodness?


And then in the midst of 2 big youth events at our house, Aidan came down with the flu, which meant that I got it a day later. My wonderful husband came home from work on the busiest day of his week to be here so I could sleep and the kids didn't turn into Lord of the Flies. He even bought me Sprite and later on made me scrambled eggs to try and eat (which he had never made being an egg-a-phobic). He has been so good to me and I am so thankful! He is truly the best gift God's given to me other than Jesus, and if I don't say it enough...I love you Mike.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Awwww! That makes me all mushy inside.